Don’t Just Survive But Thrive This Ramadan | Sidi Shahryar Abbasi
May 3 @ 8:00 pm - 9:45 pm
Join us in a judgment free zone to help us all thrive this Ramadan no matter where we are at on our spiritual journey.
Let’s face it, Ramadan can be tough. Many times it is hard to go from our regular lives full of school and work to days full of fasting and worship.
Join Sidi Shahryar for an open conversation to help us navigate any challenge we are facing – whether we are struggling with smoking and drinking or with praying and reading the Qur’an. We will cover:
- How to take a break from your boyfriend/girlfriend this Ramadan
- How to take a break from your vape pen, jewel or joint this Ramadan
- What to do when your coworkers and classmates start talking smack/gossiping
- How to cleanse your mind from bad images and lustful desires
- How to wean yourself off from Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and WhatsApp
- How to have a good schedule while working/going to school/taking exams and juggling lots of responsibilities
This is a judgement free zone! Please come regardless of where you at on your spiritual journey, share your challenges, and learn ways to have a great holy month.
Whether it’s figuring out how to navigate long hours of studying or work, or how to resist gossiping with your friends at school, join Sidi Shahryar Abbasi as we discuss practical ways to not just survive this Ramadan but to truly spiritually thrive.
8 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. (Maghrib to Isha) | Friday, May 3 | Conference Room
This talk will be livestreamed and recorded at mcceastbay.org/livestream