Start of Yearlong Beginner Arabic Classes for Children 5-10 (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
August 27 @ 4:30 pm - 7:45 pm
Join the second year of MCC’s multi-level sessions for children ages 5 to 10 to develop the ability to use Arabic effectively for practical comprehension, reading with comprehension, and writing.
Students begin with basics and each year of the program builds on the prior year.
Tuesday & Thursdays (Beginners) & Mondays & Wednesdays (Level 1) | Aug. 21, 2019 to May 2, 2020 | $120.00-$130.00/month + book fees
To register for this program, visit our program registration page.
- Beginner Session For Ages 5-6: 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Beginner Session For Ages 7-10: 6:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Level 1 Session** For Ages 5-6: 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Mondays & Wednesdays
- Level 1 Session** For Ages 7-10: 6:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. on Mondays & Wednesdays
**Placement assessment requirement before confirming your child’s seat in class (except if child was enrolled in prior session at the MCC).
The cost for MCC members is $120/month for one student, $100/month for each additional student.
The cost for non MCC members is $130/month for one student, $110/month for each additional student.
A one-time fee for books also applies for each student.
MCC has a standing policy that no one should be denied access to spiritual and educational programming at the MCC because of financial need. To apply for an educational scholarship, please complete mcceastbay.org/scholarship
For Muslims, Arabic is the key to unlock the message and teachings of the Qurʾān, ḥadīth, their classical commentaries, and classical texts on Islamic law and theology.
The main objectives at the beginners level are:
– To learn the correct Arabic Makharij of the letters.
– Recognize letters in the beginning, middle and the end of the word (read and write).
– Learn the sounds of the letters fatha, kasra, dhamma, sukoon, and the mudood .
– Start reading words.
– Learn some basic conversational and listening skills such as greeting, introducing self, colors, numbers, months and weather
The mission of the Arabic Language Acquisition Program is to have the students learn not only reading and writing, but to understand and speak the Arabic language. This first step of the program is designed for entry level beginners ages 5-10. Students will start out with the basics and each year of the program will build on the previous year.
The fees per child are $120.00 per month. The textbooks will also have to be purchased by the parents during the first week of class.
If you have any questions regarding the Arabic program, please email the Instructor Sr. Abeer Alkhawaja at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each session is capped at 15 students for individualized one-on-one attention. Once full, registration form closes for each. Please join the waiting list here.
MCC currently does not offer adult Arabic. We encourage you to look into the Arabic classes at Diablo Valley Community College (DVCC).
Please search “Arabic” for Fall 2019 here: https://www.dvc.edu/