The Basics of World Religions | Online Series with Dr. Ali Ataie
July 21, 2020 @ 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join Dr. Ali Ataie every Tuesday for an 8-week virtual series that explains the basic beliefs of various religious traditions and similarities and differences with the Islamic tradition.
The series is organized by the South Bay Islamic Association – San Jose, CA and the MCC East Bay.
Watch Dr. Ataie’s World Religions Series: https://mcceastbay.org/religions
The founder of the discipline of comparative religions was either Abu Rayhan al-Buruni or Abd al-Kareem al-Shahrastani. They explained the basics of the world religions in their respective works then evaluated their truth claims in light of the Truth of Islam. Following this method, this course offers students a simple description of the basic beliefs of various religious traditions as well as similarities and differences with the Islamic tradition.
8 p.m. to 9 p.m. | Tuesdays | July 21 to Sept. 8 | Free, no registration | Watch at mcceastbay.org/live
- Dr. Ataie’s World Religions Series: https://mcceastbay.org/religions
- Dr. Ataie’s Qur’anic Sciences Series: https://mcceastbay.org/sciences
- Dr. Ataie’s Prophetology Series: https://www.mcceastbay.org/prophethood
- Dr. Ataie video playlist: https://mcceastbay.org/ali-ataie
In this online series, we will follow this schedule:
- Basic theological tenets in Islam: Session 1 & Session 2
- Basic theological tenets in Judaism: Session 3 & Session 4
- Basic theological tenets in Christianity: Session 5 & Session 6
- Basic theological tenets in Hinduism: Session 7
- Basic theological tenets in Islam: Session 8
About Ustadh Dr. Ali Ataie:
Ali Ataie is a perennial student and researcher who has been involved in interfaith activities for over two decades. He holds a Masters in biblical studies with a focus on New Testament and biblical languages. He also holds a PhD in cultural and historical studies in religion from the Graduate Theological Union. His doctoral work focused on Muslim hermeneutics of Biblical texts, especially the Gospel of John. He lives in San Ramon, CA with his wife Roya and three daughters.