Northern American Islamic Shelter for the Abused (NISA)
MCC partners with regional organizations like the North American Islamic Shelter for the Abused (NISA) to provide shelter, mental health and counseling, and social services to a vulnerable community that the MCC is honored to help serve.
- – Learn more about the NISA shelter (Bay Area) at 1-888-275-6472: https://asknisa.org
- – Learn about Narika Bay Area: https://www.narika.org/case-management
- – Learn about the Amanah Shelter (Sacramento): https://mas-ssf.org/amanah-house
- – National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-7233
- – Learn about Afghan Coalition’s support group: https://afghancoalition.org/domestic-violence
- – Domestic violence talks at MCC: https://mcceastbay.org/nisa
- – More topics addressing community & social justice issues: https://mcceastbay.org/community
- – Domestic Violence Khutbah Talking Points (Peaceful Family Project): https://mcceastbay.org/domestic-khutbah
To support Muslim victims of domestic violence in the East Bay, MCC proudly works with North American Islamic Shelter for the Abused (NISA), which shelters women fleeing abuse and provides skills and resources to become self-sufficient.
Domestic Violence Continues To Rise
The San Francisco Bay Area is home to Muslims from all over the world. NISA House is open to help Muslim women and children who might be:
- Physically harmed by a family member;
- Verbally abused;
- Financially abused by taking your money, passport, or in other ways;
- Raped, and;
- Spiritually abused or controlled.