MCC does not provide direct legal or immigration assistance. The page below is to help you find the resources you need.
If you or someone you know needs immigration assistance, please get in touch with CAIR-San Francisco’s Legal Services Department via this intake form or their legal hotline at (408) 986-9874 or the Immigration Institute of the Bay Area at (510) 894-3639 (flyer). To report a civil rights complaint or a Islamophobic incident, please use this intake form as well as this reporting form.
- Spojmie Nasiri, Pleasanton
- Wahida Noorzad, Concord
- Sara M. Mostafavi, Berkeley
- Ikhlas Ahmed, Newark
- Sana Abbasi, Hayward
- Maleeha Haq, Newark
- Asma Bashir, Newark
Please see our divorce services page for community members who are family attorneys and can help with divorce/custody.
- For discounted/pro bono legal aid services, please check with Bay Area Legal Aid, Justia, or Asian Law Caucus
- For immigration services in the Sacramento area, please see here.
- For a personal injury attorney, please contact Shafeeq Sadiq or Omair Farooqui.
- For bankruptcy, please contact Ikhlas Ahmed in Newark.
- For Islamic estate planning, wills, or trusts, please contact Hafiz Yaser Ali or Ahmed Sheikh or Tawfiq Morrar.
If you encounter issues showing your ID to employers, health clinics, DMV Social Services, etc., you can contact the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practice. (800) 255-7688
They will contact the party and assist in resolving any issues regarding identification. Hours: 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Services are available in many languages.
Bay Area Legal Aid provides legal services. For general legal advice, please call (800) 551-5554. For Health Consumer Center Legal Advice Line, please call (855) 693-7285. They cover the area of health care coverage and access, including:
- – The Affordable Care Act
- – Understanding your rights and obligations under the Affordable Care Act & Covered California
- – Public Health Insurance
- – Problems getting or keeping Medi-Cal, Denti-Cal, Medicare, In-Home Supportive Services, Paratransit, and County Health Programs
- – Private Health Insurance
- – Problems getting or keeping private health insurance coverage, services, and treatment.