Resolve in 2023 to get the support and advice you deserve to work through life’s many issues and challenges.
MCC offers a Counseling Office that offers marriage and therapy sessions with counselors trained in Islamic holistic psychology. Some insurance plans are accepted. California only. Don’t suffer alone.
MCC offers counseling in partnership with Maristan, a spiritual community wellness center that provides marriage, individual, and family counseling, premarital coaching, consultation, and a psychiatrist (medication management). Counseling fees are payable on a sliding scale.
Make An Appointment
- Make an appointment online to see a Maristan Clinician at https://maristan.org/clinicians
- Call the Maristan Clinic Coordinator, Jannah Sellars, at (510) 380-7229
- Email email@example.com
- Here are also other resources to help you get support.
If you cannot afford the therapy, please let Maristan know. MCC has a standing commitment that the MCC covers any services provided in the four walls of the community center.
Holding Seminars Online For Our Couples & Parents
- – Maristan seminars & workshop recordings: https://mcceastbay.org/maristan
- – Islamic marriage talks & workshops at MCC, please visit: https://mcceastbay.org/marriage
- – Islamic parenting workshops at MCC, please visit: https://mcceastbay.org/parenting
Your Community Cares
At the MCC, we believe we’re more than a masjid: we’re a part of every community member family that we are proud to serve. As your community center, it’s important to us that we do what we can to support you. For sisters specifically:
- Muslim Mental Health Professional Databases: This reference document helps you independently connect with Muslim clinical practices. Link
- Gems of Light: Call this women’s-only confidential Q&A hotline about problems or questions about Islam at (612) 293-5100 from Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. CST.
- North American Islamic Shelter for the Abused: To access the services of this women’s shelter in the Bay Area, send a message anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the helpline at (888) 275-6472.
- AllyNetwork Mental wellness support for immigrants, asylees, refugees, and immigrant youth in Alameda County. Find a Provider
- Khalil Center The MCC counseling center was formerly run by the Khalil Center, which closed during the pandemic. The Khalil Center continues to provide mental health counseling options via WebTherapy and phone sessions.*
- Rana Chawla For heart-centered therapy for couples & individuals: https://rana.clientsecure.me/#services
Helping Our Youth
For youth ages 14 to 23 residing in the East Bay seeking advice or spiritual counsel to get through life’s challenges, MCC Youth Leader Hafiz Zaid Khanani holds weekly office hours and phone sessions in 30-minute increments. See here for details and a link to complete the intake form for spiritual counseling.
For teens struggling with emotional issues or thoughts of suicide, there is hope. Here are teen help lines recommended by Shaykh Rami:
- Khalil Center: https://khalilcenter.com/crises-helpline
- Stones to Bridges: http://www.stonestobridges.org
- Hopeline: https://www.amalahopeline.com
- Naseeha: https://naseeha.org
- AMALA: https://amala.mas-ssf.org
- Khalil Center Co-Sponsored Talks at the MCC
- – Learn more at https://maristan.org
- – More Maristan videos at the mosque: https://mcceastbay.org/maristan
Muslim Mental Health Professionals Databases
For Muslims in the Bay Area: Marriage and Family Therapist Rana Yasmin Chawla also offers these services.
Disclaimer: These resources are not intended to be referrals. Instead, they are for you to connect with Muslim clinical practices independently.
- Islamic Psychologists (International)
- Find A Therapist: SEEMA
- Muslim Mental Health Referral Network
- Khalil Center
- Mental Health Professionals: Therapy For Muslims
- Mental Health Professionals Directory: Institute for Muslim Mental Health
- IAIP Certified Practitioner Directory
- Muslim Therapists: Bay Area (California)
- Muslim Therapists: Southern (California)
- Muslim Therapists: DC-Metro Area (DC, Virginia, Maryland
- Muslim Therapists: DFW Texas
- Muslim Therapists: Michigan
Our dear community congregation teacher and friend Shaykh Alauddin Elbakri also provides these services via his nonprofit, Tawasaw:
Faith or Identity crisis
Doubts about Allah or Islam
Identity confusion or loss
Youth Spiritual Counseling
Ages 12 + (Parental permission required to book a session)
Youth faith or identity crisis
Behavioral Issues such as rebellious or erratic behavior
Loss of Life of a loved one or a child
For families and individuals who have just lost a loved one or a child
Helping Children and Parents reconnect and understand each other
Individual Spouse counseling
Professional/Work related issues
Questions on practicing faith in the workplace
National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1 (800)-273-TALK | Text “Home” to 741741
1 (866)-NASEEHA | Call/text: 1 (855)-95-amala | Anonymous Online Support: stonestobridges.org
PLEASE NOTE: Our therapists are unable to provide crisis services. If this is a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911, or dial 988 or 1.800.273.8255 for the 24/7 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline.
Muslim Youth Help Line
Helpline: 1 (866) 627-3342 (NASEEHA)
Available 7 days a week (12 p.m. – 9 p.m. EST)
Sound Vision has partnered with Crisis Text Line.
Several trained volunteers are already in place thanks to Crisis Text Line.
This Crisis Text Line can save lives in stress, anxiety, or depression.