In the event of a Muslim’s death in the Bay Area, please contact Imam Siraj Desai at 510-943-9600. Imam Siraj is affiliated with the Islamic Society of East Bay, which provides funeral services and arrangements.
The MCC East Bay does not provide its own mortuary services. We provide financial assistance for burial of indigent Muslims in the Bay Area (application here and questions email email@example.com or call Aminah Abdullah at 925-264-9297).
In this regard, we work closely with the Islamic Society of East Bay (ISEB), which has a body storage facility an a team of male and female volunteers to perform the washing (ghusl) and arrange burial at the Five Pillars Farm Cemetery in Livermore, CA. The ISEB and Five Pillars Farms are separate entities from MCC.
INSTRUCTIONS: FOR FUNERAL AT ISEB & BURIAL AT FIVE PILLARS CEMETERY
The Islamic Society of East Bay (ISEB) has contracted the Duggan’s Funeral Service to provide the following:
- Arrange for removal of the deceased
- Transport the deceased to the Mosque
- Obtain required legal documents to allow for the burial of the deceased
- Transport the deceased to the final resting place
- Provide death certificate
- For unnatural death, work with the local coroner’s office
- Embalm in unusual case
In order to start the funeral process after death (including authorization to transport the body from place of death to ISEB), please complete these forms.
For any questions or details about the funeral process, please visit this page or contact these individuals at ISEB:
- Imam Siraj Desai
- Br. Abdur Rehman
- Sr. Rehana Markar
Here are other individuals:
- Zaki Khan (Five Pillars Farm) (510) 517-8397
- Abdel Elkadi (Muslim Community Association (MCA) (408) 794-9440
Resources: A Guide for the Muslim Funeral