In Islam, a Nikah (marriage ceremony) is a covenant with God to honor, respect, care for and love your spouse; it is a legally binding contract. The MCC East Bay is honored to celebrate with you on this blessed occasion. Your Nikah can be conducted with Qari Amar Bellaha at the MCC.
To conduct a Nikah, the following requirements must be met:
- Bride and groom’s consent to marry
- Two Muslim witnesses (MCC can provide, with advance notice)
- Bride’s Wali (Guardian i.e. bride’s father)
- Legal marriage documentation with the State of California.
- Obtain Marriage License from your local Court House (Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara). Please contact your County Clerk’s Office for fees and requirements.
- Only after receiving your marriage license in hand, please call to schedule an appointment with Qari Amar Bellaha for Nikkah at least one week in advance by calling Br. Munir at (925) 623-2927 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before coming in for your Nikah, please complete this Nikkah form, including agreeing on the Mahr (dowry).
The MCC East Bay also offers facility rentals for your Nikah.
If you would like to book a popular Bay Area Imam for your Nikah at the MCC or at another venue, please contact Halal Weddings (halalweddings.com). That group can arrange for Imams such as Imam Dawood Yasin, Syed Mubeen Saifullah, Imam Shaykh Alauddin EL-Bakri, Abdullah bin Hamid Ali, Imam Ilyas Anwar, or Imam Ilyas Anwar,