#TeamFajr Monthly Sunday Breakfast & Qur’an Khatam
March 5 @ 5:45 am – 6:45 am
“If people knew the reward in praying Fajr & Isha in a congregation, they would go to the Masjid even if they had to crawl” [Bukhari & Muslim]
Join Qari Amar Bellaha & Ustadh Amu Tarif on the first Sunday of each month. Pray the pre-dawn prayer in congregation followed by recitations of Surah Yaseen and Al-Wird Al-Latif (booklets provided) in unison and following sunup, Salat al-Ishraq prayer in congregation. Then join your MCC community in a monthly communal completion of the book of Allah.
Each month, congregation members complete one Juz of the Holy Qur’an. On the first Sunday of each month, we meet after Fajr for a Zikr, Qur’an Khatam dua, and collective community dua, followed by a community potluck (bring a dish to share!). MCC provides tea, coffee, orange juice & muffins.
Please finish your Juz by the first Sunday of each month. Sign up for Juz at mcceastbay.org/juz
The benefits and virtues of reciting the Holy Qur’an and sending Salawat upon Rasulullah (S) are numerous. Along with bringing great barakah into our lives, these two acts of ‘ibadah are a means by which Allah elevates our rank in Jannah. Though it may be challenging to make a habit of tilawah and Salawat individually, there is strength in our numbers. Join your MCC community in our goal of collectively completing a completing Qur’an khatam.
Winter 2023 dates and Fajr times:
- Sunday, March 5, 2023 (last Fajr gathering before Ramadan) | Fajr Iqamah at 5:45 a.m.
- More Qari Amar: https://mcceastbay.org/amar
- More Ustadh Amu Tarif: https://mcceastbay.org/tarif
- Imam al-Haddad’s litanies (al-Wird al-Latif): https://mcceastbay.org/wird
- The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, “He who performs the Fajr will be under the protection of Allah.” [Muslim]
- The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “The best prayer before Allah is Fajr prayer on Friday in congregation.”