MCC East Bay invites resumes from qualified candidates for the Youth Director (YD) position.
Under the supervision of the Board of Directors, the Full-Time Youth Director will work closely with the Board and MCC staff and volunteers to effectively provide development, mentorship, and oversight to their programs and meet their annual goals. The YD ensures that organizational integrity is maintained through implemented processes and projects while providing spiritual and organizational leadership to our youth.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Youth Director” in the subject line.
Job Description for Youth Director of Muslim Community Center – East Bay
Job Title: Youth Director (PDF)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: MCC Board of Directors
Position Effective: August 2023
Muslim Community Center East Bay is looking for a full-time Youth Director. The Youth Director will develop, promote and maintain an MCC Youth Program for the late elementary, middle, high, and early college years. The Youth Director will lead and execute an exciting vision to deliver a vastly impactful youth engagement strategy. They are responsible for developing thoughtful, engaging, sophisticated programs and capabilities for our youth. They must support the MCC vision and mission statement mentioned in the MCC constitution. The Youth Director will be under the immediate supervision of the MCC Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree and Islamic education
- Experience managing youth
- Experience with community organizing and development with progressive leadership responsibilities
- Uphold the MCC mission and vision by serving as a role model for the youth, primarily young men enrolled in MCC’s signature Friday Night Navigator program.
- Establish annual goals, objectives, and plans to implement youth strategies.
- Plan and oversee all youth activities and programs that balance social, religious, character development, and experiential learning. That includes but is not limited to planning youth meetings, discussions, overnights, weekend retreats, and sporting activities.
- Establish a friendly rapport with the center’s youth through engaging and purposeful activities.
- Cultivate, empower, support, and mentor youth leadership
- Report back to the Board of Directors frequently to review the performance of youth programs.
- Maintain communication channels with the youth and parents.
- Be aware of the challenges faced by the Muslim youth.
- Prepare an annual budget and administer the budget throughout the year.
- Recruit and manage youth volunteers.
- Create and maintain a youth handbook that includes policies, procedures, and program details.
- Must maintain documents such as permission slips, attendance logs, health forms, safety guidelines, etc.
- Collaborate with high school and community college MSAs, masjid leadership, and community members.
- Strong in faith and understanding of Islamic etiquette
- Demonstrate excellent planning, organizational, execution, and leadership abilities
- Outstanding social skills with relationship building
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Knowledge of mental health, safety, and well-being for teens
- Conflict management/diffusing
- Budget planning and tracking
- Technically savvy with digital and social media skills