Monthly Sisterhood Hike | Sisters in the Outdoors
November 4 @ 7:30 am – 10:30 am
Join us from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 4, for a Saturday morning hike at East Shore and Ridgeline Loop near Livermore to get to know other sisters in the community and enjoy the great outdoors. No children, please (female teens, okay). Let us know you are coming: https://mcceastbay.org/rsvp
- – When: Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023
- – Time: 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Please arrive a little early to park and find the group. The group can wait till 7:40 a.m. and will start the hike. Please be on time since we cannot hold the group.
- – Carpool: We highly recommend carpooling. No carpool from MCC is available for this hike. Carpool encouraged others on this hike.
- – Parking: $6 parking fee. Pay at the entrance/kiosks
- – Location: East Shore and Ridgeline Loop
- – Distance: 5.1 miles
- – All Trails: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/east-shore-and-ridgeline-loop?sh=kyrhg8
- – Difficulty: Moderate
- – Misc: Wear hiking shoes if possible. There will be a small water crossing, and your shoes might get wet. Bring a small breakfast/ Lunch sandwich or something to eat. Carry enough water, a hat, and a light jacket. Please download All Trails map (free version) in case you decide to return in the middle of the hike. This will be very helpful in navigating back to the parking lot.
- – RSVP: By Friday, Nov. 3, please let us know you are coming for this hike: https://mcceastbay.org/rsvp
Sr. Aparna Khan and Sr. Sohaila will be leading this hike. If you have trouble finding the group on the day of the hike, please call or text Sr. Aparna at (408) 480-6584 or Sr. Sohaila at (925) 786-7698. Please remember that we cannot hold all the group, so we request you to please be on time.
Please wear comfortable walking/hiking shoes, carry a water bottle, a small snack, a hat, sunglasses, and hiking poles if you have one.
About this trail:
Discover this 5.1-mile loop trail near Livermore, California. Generally considered a moderately challenging route, it takes an average of 2 h 14 min to complete. This is a popular trail for birding, hiking, and walking, but you can still enjoy some solitude during quieter times of day. The best times to visit this trail are March through November.