Monthly Sisterhood Hike | Sisters in the Outdoors
June 3 @ 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Join us from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, June 3, for a Saturday morning hike at Waterfalls of Mount Diablo Loop near Clayton to get to know other sisters in the community and enjoy the great outdoors. No children, please (female teens, okay). Let us know you are coming: https://mcceastbay.org/rsvp
- – When: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- – Time: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Please arrive a little early to park and find the group. The group can wait till 8:10 a.m. and will start the hike. Please be on time since we cannot hold the group.
- – Carpool: We highly recommend carpooling. No carpool from MCC is available for this hike. Carpool encouraged others on this hike.
- – Parking: Pay at the entrance/kiosks
- – Location: 96 Mitchell Canyon Rd, Clayton, CA 94517
- – Distance: 7.9 miles
- – All Trails: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/waterfalls-of-mount-diablo-loop-trail?sh=kyrhg8
- – Difficulty: Hard
- – Misc: Wear hiking shoes if possible. There will be a small water crossing, and your shoes might get wet. Bring a small breakfast/ Lunch sandwich or something to eat. Carry enough water, a hat, and a light jacket. Please download All Trails map (free version) in case in case you decide to return in the middle of the hike. This will be very helpful in navigating back to the parking lot.
- – RSVP: By Friday, June 2, please let us know you are coming for this hike: https://mcceastbay.org/rsvp
Sr. Aparna Khan and Sr. Sohaila will be leading this hike. If you have trouble finding the group on the day of the hike, please call or text Sr. Aparna at (408) 480-6584 or Sr. Sohaila at (925) 786-7698. Please remember that we cannot hold all the group, so we request you to please be on time.
Please wear comfortable walking/hiking shoes, carry a water bottle, a small snack, a hat, sunglasses, and hiking poles if you have one.
About this trail:
Enjoy this 7.9-mile loop trail near Clayton, California. Generally considered a challenging route, it takes an average of 4 h 2 min to complete. This is a very popular area for hiking, so you’ll likely encounter other people while exploring. The trail is open year-round and is beautiful to visit anytime.