The Girl Scout Promise
On my honor, I will try
To serve God and my country.
And to help people at all times.
The MCC Girl Scout Program was pioneered in 2016 by two local Pleasanton mothers, Nadia Sattar and Sadaf Wahidi. In 2016, they set out with a clear mission for girls to cultivate sisterhood with fellow Muslim sisters in a non-educational setting while gaining leadership, STEM, art, and entrepreneur skills.
Not only have the girls gained those, but they have also gained fun skills like ice skating and horseback riding. They’ve hosted cultural education tables and learned about world cultures when attending the yearly World Thinking Day event. The girls have helped MCC with the Ramadan Toy Drive, Backpack / School Supply Drive, and other events each year.
Over the past three years, the MCC Girl Scouts Program has thrived and grown exponentially. They have had an overwhelming interest; however, due to troop size limitations and recommendations from the Girl Scouts of Northern California, they could not grow the original troop to all grade levels. Thus, a 2nd troop for older girls, led by Sara Solemani, joined the program in 2019, and in 2020, a 3rd, led by Nadia Sattar and Saira Muhammed, all with the same mission and are continuing to succeed. The MCC now proudly hosts Troops 32316, 30875, and 32705.
We welcome and encourage new troops to join the program.
If you want to join a local Muslim Girl Scouts Troop, please see the link below to find the troop appropriate for your girl and contact the leader directly.
Please make a note of a few things:
- Troop leaders individually run each troop. No “umbrella” troop manages all the local Muslim Girl Scouts.
- We recommend all troops to be co-op troops, meaning parents of scouts will take an active role in helping and participating in the troop. It is not meant to be a drop-off program.
- All the troops are highly sought after and typically full to capacity. It is not very common for there to be new openings.
- One great option is to start your troop. Since there is always so much interest, there are always enough girls to start a new troop. For new leader information, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Girl Scouts of Northern California and the Crossroads Service Unit provide guidance and training to help you start your troop. Occasionally, the different troops at MCC attend activities together and help each other with their projects. Additionally, there are other resources for Muslim troops that we can help connect you to.
- In 2021, we are starting a new Troop at the Daisy Level for girls in transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and first grade. Join the interest list.
The MCC Girl Scout Program List of Troops
For Boy Scouts, see the interest list here. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org