The Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, and Livermore City Councils join communities throughout California in recognizing August 2022 as Muslim Appreciation and Awareness Month.
– More Proclamation recordings: https://mcceastbay.org/proclamation
- – 0:00 – Humera Nawaz speaks on behalf of the Pleasanton-area Muslim community
- – 06:25 – Eman Tai speaks on behalf of the Dublin-area Muslim community
- – 33:02 – Nadia Huifang speak on behalf of San Ramon-area Muslim community
- – 27:53 – Munir Safi speaks on behalf of Livermore-area Muslim community
These Proclamations acknowledge the rich history and guiding virtues of American Muslims, and commends Muslim communities in Tri-Valley for the lasting positive impact they have made (especially during the Coronavirus pandemic), and continue to make, toward the advancement of the state and the nation. The Proclamation recognizes the San Ramon Valley Islamic Center, Islamic Center of Livermore and MCC East Bay as fulfilling the spiritual and cultural needs of San Ramon, Livermore, Dublin and Pleasanton residents and promoting interfaith cooperation by providing an environment for dialogue, education, and fellowship.
The Tri-Valley Councils follow in the steps of other City Councils in the San Francisco Bay Area, like in Fremont, Santa Clara, Union City, Oakland, San Jose, and Redwood City. A special thanks to Sameena Usman from CAIR San Francisco for facilitating this and other Proclamations in the Bay Area.
- – More community & social justice issues in the American-Muslim community: https://mcceastbay.org/community
- – More CAIR-MCC co-sponsored talks: https://mcceastbay.org/cair
- – More MCC interfaith events: https://mcceastbay.org/interfaith
- – More Proclamation recordings: https://mcceastbay.org/proclamation
- – More Sr. Eman: https://mcceastbay.org/eman