Once you complete the furniture donation form below, your submission is immediately sent to several refugee and Zakat coordinators in the East Bay and South Bay. If the coordinators are working with a family who could use your donation item, you will hear directly from that facilitator. If you do not hear back, no coordinator has a family in need of the items you are donating. Please consider donating the items to Savers, Goodwill, or listing the items up for free on Craigslist.
To donate a vehicle, please complete this form.
Jazaka’Allah Khair and thank you for sharing the furniture item(s) you wish to donate.
- A submission is not a guarantee that an item will be accepted. Items are reviewed and followed up on to confirm new-like conditions and availability.
- When a potential recipient family is identified, photographs are shared with them, and furniture pieces are chosen at the recipient family’s discretion.
- Suppose the furniture donor cannot transport the items. In that case, a volunteer driver will need to be contacted to coordinate logistics for the pick-up and drop-off of items based on the availability of the donor, driver, and recipient family.
- Please note furniture cannot be stored at MCC or SRVIC, so it is requested, if possible, for donors to keep items until it can be arranged to be picked up.
- Large, bulky sofa sets are less likely to be accepted or may need to be split up due to space constraints.
- Donors may request a receipt for tax purposes. Please email the value of the item you donated to email@example.com
- Due to lower living costs in Sacramento, families are being settled there and assisted by Al-Misbaah. Your form submittal will also be sent to Al-Misbaah, which will contact you if a Misbah coordinate will let you know if they have a truck visiting your area.
- To volunteer as a driver for furniture transport, join: https://chat.whatsapp.com/CcekjD6lCaTIJ8G8GwIY1G