Alhamdulillah, through the support of the community, we’ve been able to provide a variety of services to the Afghan refugees arriving in the Bay Area. Since August we have:
- Fully furnished and provided household supplies for 20 households setting up in new housing
- Groceries and diapers are being delivered by volunteers directly to 57 refugee families every other week
- 160 hot meals have served to welcome families when they first arrive to the Bay Area.
- In November, we hosted a bazaar distributing blankets, winter clothes, space heaters, toys, laptops, and sewing machines to 35+ families.
A second bazaar is planned for December 11th along with a job readiness workshop. Please help by:
- Signing up to give rides to refugees on that day
- If you speak Dari, volunteering to be a buddy/translator (email email@example.com
to learn more)
- Help provide items for the families by purchasing items from our wishlist
- Donate a laptop
- Do not drop off used items at either MCC or SRVIC. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org,
and we will direct you to a drop-off location near you to donate.
Other ways to support refugees include:
- Donating to the Afghan Refugee Support Fund
- Encouraging others to sign up for our adult volunteer updates:
- For those available to deliver groceries, household supplies and/or furniture, signing up for the WhatsApp group
- Signing up to volunteer with the food pantry
- Donating furniture in like-new condition using this link
- Clicking here to learn more about donating used cars
- Using this form to share housing or employment referrals and/or to indicate willingness to co-sign on a lease
- Shopping at http://asiyahscollection.com/, a nonprofit clothing line which sends its proceeds to needy families in Afghanistan.
Questions? Feel free to reach out at email@example.com